Here are few key current affairs that went on between February 23 to February 25. As usual read and stay informed!
1. The FG recently approved the establishment of Federal Colleges of Education in 6 States of the federation. Mention these 6 states
Answer: Bauchi, Benue, Ebonyi, Pain, Sokoto and Edo States.
2. S.H.i.F.T is an acronym for
Answer: Simple, High-Impact, interactive, Focused, Transformational.
3. The 1999 Constitution is also known as
Answer: Decree 24 of 1999
4. The Constitution Review Committee to tackle issues with the 1999 Constitution was set up by the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan on
Answer: February 6, 2020
5. Debt Management Office (DMO) on February 24, 2020 announced ________ as thew new Stockbrokers to the Federal Government
Answer: CSL Stockbrokers Limited, a subsidiary of FCMB Group Plc
6. What is the FCTA approved time for checking of vehicle papers in the city of Abuja?
Answer: 5am to 10am
Hint: The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) recently ordered personnel of the Directorate of Road Traffic Services (DRTS) to stop inspecting vehicle particulars on roads in the city before 10 a.m daily.
7. Who is the Director-General of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)?
Answer: Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu
8. The bill for the establishment of the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, Kano as a degree awarding institution passed second reading on _________ in the Senate
Answer: Wednesday, 19 February 2020
Hint: The bill was read for the first time in the Senate on Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2019.
9. Who is the eighth President of the African Development Bank Group (AfDB) and the first Nigerian in the post?
Answer: Akinwumi Adesina
Hint: Mr Akinwumi was recently endorsed for a second time to run for the President African Development Bank following the decision taken during the thirty-sixth Ordinary Session of the AU Executive Council, held during the AU Summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 6-7 February 2020. He was elected to his first term as president by the Bank’s Board of Governors at its Annual Meetings in Abidjan on 28 May 2015. He
10. The African Union Executive Council comprises ______________ of foreign affairs representing the member states of the African Union
Answer: 55 ministers