Everyday, iWanSabi publishes at least 5 to 10 current affairs questions based on real time news, development and happenings in Nigeria and beyond. At the end of every week, we publish a round up post of current affairs MCQ Quizand present them in a weekly order to help you study, practice or revise all you may have learned or read for that month.
These questions are suitable for any Nigerian examination that requires knowledge of current affairs, job interview, etc. We have made it interactive so you can assess how much you follow the headlines.
iWanSabi Weekly Current Affairs Quiz of iWanSabi aims to help students, professionals and other individuals in quest for knowledge to stay informed about the recent events and other occurrences around Nigeria and and the world at large.
1. What is the code name given to Coronavirus by the WHO?
[A] Coronavirus 2019-n
[B] Coronavirus 99/20-n
Correct Answer: C [2019-nCoVinfection]
2. The Emergency Committee on Coronavirus was reconvened by the WHO Director-General on
[A] 10th January 2020
[B] 30th January 2020
[C] 9th January 2020
[D] 31st January 2020
Correct Answer: B [30th January 2020]
3. The committee declared the novel coronavirus 2019 outbreak a
[A] Public Health Convention on Coronavirus
[B] Public Health Envoy of International Convention
[C] Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC)
[D] Public Health Conference on IDPs
Correct Answer: C [Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC)]
4. The Committee does not recommend any travel or trade restriction based on the current information available
[C] None of the above
Correct Answer: A [True]
5. Coronaviruses are said to be zoonotic, what does that mean?
[A] it simply means they are normally transmitted between animals and people
[B] it has its origin from the zoo
[C] it lays much emphasis on animals
[D] it counts for majority of deaths
Correct Answer: A [it simply means they are normally transmitted between animals and people]
6. Which of the following is not among the NCDC’s Coronavirus Preparedness Group?
[A] Federal Ministry Of Health (FMoH),
[B] Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA),
[C] World Health Organization (WHO),
[D] UK Centers for Disease Control (US-CDC)
Correct Answer: D [UK Centers for Disease Control (US-CDC)]
7. What is the theme of the Greeners Business-to-Business Annual National Economic Dialogue 2020 held in Abuja on February 15, 2020?
Answer: “Positioning Nigeria’s Creative Industry as Growth Engine of Africa Continental Trade Agreement (AFCTA)”
Brief Note: At the economic dialogue session, the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs Zainab Ahmed announced that the Federal Government through Bank of Industry (BoI) has approved facility of about 7 billion naira under its creative industry group.
8. Deposits into savings accounts that is up to N10,000 are not exempted from the payment of N50 stamp duty under the Finance Act of 2020. True or False?
9. Name the very first African business organization to be inducted into the influential Global Executive Council (GEC) of the Project Management Institute, PMI.
Answer: Dangote Group
Brief Note: The council made this known in a statement it released on February 15, 2020. PMI is one of the world’s largest not-for-profit membership associations for the project management profession with over 500,000 members and over 1,500,000 certification holders. They have led the work of project management advocacy for over 50 years PMI works closely with several multinational companies. The statement further stated. According to the statement, the induction Dangote Group into the PMI Council is a demonstration of the confidence that Dangote Industries Limited is a value-adding company.
10. What is the full meaning of the acronym NCDMB?
Answer: Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB)