Everyday, iWanSabi publishes at least 5 to 10 current affairs questions based on real time news, development and happenings in Nigeria and beyond. At the end of every week, we publish a round up post of current affairs Quiz and present them in a weekly order to help you study, practice or revise all you may have learned or read for that month.
These questions are suitable for any Nigerian examination that requires knowledge of current affairs, job interview, etc. We have made it interactive so you can assess how much you follow the headlines.
iWanSabi weekly Current Affairs Quiz of iWanSabi aims to help students, professionals and other individuals in quest for knowledge to stay informed about the recent events and other occurrences around Nigeria and and the world at large.
1. The first African country to report a confirmed case of coronavirus COVID-19 is
Brief Note: Africa recorded its first case of coronavirus (COVID-19) on February 14, 2020 when a foreigner who had been put in isolation at a hospital in Egypt tested positive for the virus.
Officially known as COVID-19, the virus has so far killed almost 1,400 people and infected nearly 65,000 others globally. The World Health Organization (WHO) has warned the virus poses a “grave threat” to the world.
Recommended: 31 Things To Know About Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
2. Mention the 3 parts of Nigeria where laboratory test centers for coronavirus COVID-19 are situated
Answer: Lagos, Abuja and Irrua in Edo State.
3. The first African to be recently elected into the prestigious Council of the World Journalism Education Congress, WJEC, for a period of three years is
Answer: Prof Ralph Akinfeleye
4. The new act of the Nigeria Prisons Service (NIS) now Correctional Service was signed into law on
Answer: July 31, 2019.
5. According to WHO, it could take _______ months for the first vaccine for coronavirus to be ready?
6. The de-registration of 74 political parties by INEC, Nigeria now has ______ registered political parties.
20 Key Questions and Answers on IPPIS
1. IPPIS was implemented in in February 2006 but went live in
Answer: April 2007
2. How many Pilot MDAs was IPPIS kick started with?
Answer: Seven (7) Pilot MDAs
3. IPPIS Secretariat is a Department under the ______
Answer: Office of the Accountant General of the Federation (OAGF)
4. The management of IPPIS was transferred to the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation (OAGF) in
Answer: October 2008
5. Who is the Acting Director IPPIS?
Answer: Mr Olufehinti Joshua (FCA)
6. What is the Mission Statement of IPPIS?
Answer: To pay FGN employees on-time and accurately within statutory and contractual obligations
7. What is the Vision Statement of IPPIS?
Answer: To have a centralised payroll system that meet the needs of FGN employees and helps the Government to plan and manage payroll budget by ensuring proper control of personnel cost.
8. List the 3rd party payments deducted and remitted by IPPIS before payment of salaries and wages to Government employee’s bank account
Answer: Federal Inland Revenue Service, State Boards of Internal Revenue, National Health Insurance Scheme, National Housing Fund, Pension Fund Administrator, Cooperative Societies, Trade Unions Dues, Association Dues and Bank Loans.
9. How many MDAs came live on IPPIS platform at 31st June, 2007?
Answer: 459 MDAS
IPPIS aim is to enrol into the platform, all Federal Government MDAs that draws personnel cost fund from the Consolidated Revenue Fund.
10. Write the correct address of the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation
Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation
Ladoke Akintola Boulevard,
11. List the 5 key functions of IPPIS
- Management of FGN employees records
- Payment of Salary and Wages to FGN employees
- Deductions of taxes and other third payments
- Remittance of payroll deductions to third party
- Enrolment of employees into IPPIS database
12. Mention any 5 Core Values of IPPIS
13. What is the official website address of IPPIS?
Q14. Outline the 7 Pilot MDAs that IPPIS kick started with
i). Federal Ministry of Education;
ii). Federal Ministry of Transportation (Works arm);
iii). Federal Ministry of Finance
iv). Budget Office of the Federation);
v). Federal Ministry of Information;
vi). Ministry of Foreign Affairs; and
vii). National Planning Commission.
15. The nominal rolls of the Seven Pilot MDAs submitted to the World Bank prior to their registration indicated
Answer: 55,000 staff
Q16. In July 2009, additional eleven (11) MDAs were brought on to optimize the 55,000 licenses purchased from World Bank. List the 11 MDAs
- Federal Ministry of Transport;
- Federal Ministry of Health;
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Water Resources;
- Federal Ministry of Aviation;
- Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources;
- Federal Civil Service Commission;
- Federal Ministry of Works (Housing & Urban Development);
- Federal Ministry of Information (Communication);
- Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation;
- Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation;
- Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation;
17. The Federal Executive Council on ______ approved the enrollment of all MDAs that draw their Personnel Cost from the Consolidated Revenue Fund (CRF) into the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS).
Answer: Wednesday 1, December, 2010
18. What is the correct link address for IPPIS Data Capture And Verification Portal?
19. Who is the Acting Head of Civil Service of the Federation?
Answer: Dr Folasade Yemi-Esan
20. The 5 ministries set to come on board the human resource module in the Office of the Head of Service of the Federation are?
- Ministry of Finance,
- Ministry of Budget and National Planning,
- Ministry of Aviation,
- Ministry of Transport,
- Ministry of Petroleum Resources
- Ministry of Science and Technology